Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Circle of Friends
If the media was to actually get in touch with many of teens now in days, I think they would be surprised with what they would find out. Not only is their representation of teens fairly incorrect, but also what teens are attracted to and what catches their eyes would probably change even if just slightly especially within my circle of friends. We don’t want to wear, nor like seeing girls walking around the school in see-through shirts, or the shorts that are way too short for in a school setting. We would prefer to be comfortable (such as sweaters/jeans) and be able to have fun without worrying about our clothes. Also, when I say have fun, I don’t mean going out and getting drunk or high, I mean being able to act a little crazy without that stuff. We would rather enjoy the time we have with each other than take advantage of that by making ourselves drunk. Neither my friends, nor I go home and are suddenly depressed, even though this is how the media makes us teens out to be. Life may be more fun when hanging out with friends sometimes with inside jokes and what not, but that doesn’t mean we hate our family. This is also the same with most other teens. If they are happy before they get home, it’s not all of a sudden going to change because they walk in the door of their home. This being said, I think the media needs to re-evaluate teens and try to connect with them better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment