Sunday, 22 April 2012
My Identity? or Media's?
People say that you can be anyone and anything you want, but is that really true? Society and the media have certain ideas that are presented as ‘right’, so how does one know where to draw the line? If I wear those short shorts that are seen on a model, does that mean I’m being who society wants me to be? What if I decide to wear baggy pants? That makes me no longer accepted, or trashy? I understand that media bases their ideas off of different groups of the population, but the population also follows the media. This being the case, is it media, or people that say what is ‘right’ and what isn’t? I want to be comfortable in my life, not ‘trendy’. If being ‘trendy’ involves see through shirts and shorts so short they show my bum, I’d rather be a dork in baggy pants. Even though I feel this way, the media does affect everyone. I try to stay unique and not let others influence my choice in clothing, hair colour, piercings, etc... but that isn’t always easy when one is surrounded by it all the time. Whether it is direct, or indirect, everyone is affected by society and its choices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment